Monday, 07 October 2019
Bloemfontein: It is that time again in the province where the Free State Province will be experiencing an influx of people who will be attending different festivities in Bloemfontein.
Provincial Joints forces pledge to ensure safety of people who will be attending Mangaung Cultural festival (MACUFE) which resumes on the 06 October to the 13 October 2019.
The Joints is formed of different governmental departments as well as private companies. They urge patrons to always be vigilant for the two coming weeks of MACUFE.
They also want to alert the patrons of prevalent crimes during this times; Common robberies, assaults, thefts of motor vehicles, theft out of motor vehicle, hijackings, driving under the influence of liquor and Murders.
Patrons are encouraged to look out for the following:
- Patrons are urged to be vigilant and always double check that your vehicle is locked at all times,
- Use the relevant transport services if you find yourself without transport, and while at it, inform one family member of your whereabouts and the type of vehicle you will be boarding,
- Do not leave your personal property lying in full view everywhere in the vehicle,
- Do not walk in the streets while under the influence of liquor, as you become a danger to yourself and to other road users,
- Public drinking will not be tolerated,
- Always keep your cellphone hidden and do not carry it in your hands, and
- Remember where you parked your vehicle
Our ground forces will be on all major routes in the province to curb lawlessness, public order policing members working together with other external stakeholders to ensure compliance and prevention of crime.
If you find yourself stranded and in danger, please call police crime line 0860 10111 or contact the nearest police station.