09 January 2016: Good day Free Staters. Welcome to the official “launch” of Free State (FS) News Online. Yes, we are now operational.
Our tag off line is: “ News to give you a free state of mind.”
We started with piloting the system in December 16 in anticipation of ensuring that the system can be able to handle the content that we want. Our intentions in December was to cover the entertainment news around Free State and we ended up covering more than that. So far, the response and support has been more than we anticipated and we are grateful for that.
We live in a time when new ideas, movements, technology and concepts change the world almost daily, whether they are as profound as quantum physics or as mundane as the best marketed sweets. If there is anything that summarizes the modern world, it is the massive and unimaginable flow of information. In the past (print media), the source of information heavily relied on print and took time or had set dates for printing either, daily, weekly, bi weekly or monthly. Nowadays, with the introduction of technology; news can happen now and people know about it immediately, thus the introduction of more online publications. The biggest challenge and obstacle however, is, how to make digital work for publications. If we get this right, we will be able to deliver or report on news in ways that we wouldn’t have before.
This is one of many reasons that we ended up deciding on starting an Online Newspaper. Traditional print media, will still be here to stay and for long. However, as technology evolves, we need to change with times. The rest of South Africa are catching up fast. Free State, therefore, needs to change with time and “climb” on this fast moving train so as to be not left be behind.
As we now officially start operating, we look forward to adding more content to our website as well as introducing some of the unique categories that will make our readers to be captivated to our website. We are however under no illusion that, in our vision to achieve our goals, this will be plain sailing as more work still needs to be done.
In the meantime:
- Visit our website and leave your comments, ideas or suggestions (http://www.fsnewsonline.co.za/);
- Like and comment on our Official Facebook Page ( FS News Online); and
- Comment, join and become a member on our Facebook Group Page (FS News Online)
In closing, let me salute and send our deepest condolences to the following fallen Free Staters who lost their lives during the Festive Holidays:
- The Free State soldier who lost his life in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Moalosi Mokhotu;
- The former speaker of Free State Legislature, Mme Ouma Tsopo;
- The two grandchildren (Fikile and Onalenna) of the Current Speaker of Free State Legislature, Mme Mamiki Qabathe; and
- To all Free State families and relatives who lost their loved ones during the Festive Holidays.
“For every disciplined effort there is a multiple reward.” – Jim Rohn.
Editor: FS News Online