Sunday, 31 May 2020
Bloemfontein: The Free State Department of Health spent a considerable time verifying the recent 24 cases that tested positive to Covid-19 in Fezile Dabi District.
These cases are for the following towns:
- 9 in Heilbron
- 4 in Koppies
- 3 in Sasolburg
- 3 in Parys
- 2 in Frankfort
- 1 in Vredefort
- 1 in Kroonstad
- 1 in Deneysville
The Department is doing its best to trace all the contacts of the people that tested positive.
The department appeals for calm amongst the people of these affected communities by taking care of themselves and by practicing the basic principles of hygiene such as:
- washing your hands with running water and soap for between 20 and 40 seconds,
- use 70% alcohol based hand sanitizer if you can’t access water and soap,
- cover your cough and sneeze with your folded arm or with a tissue that must be easily and safely disposed in a closed lid bin,
- use your three ply or layered cloth face mask whenever you leave your home and going to public places,
- keep a safe social distance of 1 to 2 meters between yourself and the next person, and
- no handshaking, hugging and kissing.
“Do not panic when you hear that there’s a Covid19 case in any town, as this is predicted that during these cold winter months it can eventually infect everyone. Although there’s no cure to Covid19, we know that there’s a higher number of recoveries. Please take extra care if you have any other underlying health issue to avoid getting sick.” said the department.
As of 31 May 2020, Free State COVID-19 data is as follows:
- 266 confirmed COVID-19 cases
- 128 recoveries
- 8 deaths
- 37 047 tests conducted
- 1 805 159 people screened