Tuesday, 11 May 2021
Bloemfontein: The Free State Department of Health is expanding the reach of its vaccination campaign to reach more health care workers in its hospitals.
All Health Care Workers in Government Hospitals, Private Health Care Facilities, Traditional Healers, Allied Health Care and Support Services, are encouraged to vaccinate as part of building herd immunity in the Free State.
All consenting officials will be assessed and vaccinated in line with all vaccination guidelines. The aim of the Free State Department of Health is to complete the Phase 1 of the Vaccination Programme for Health Care Workers, whilst they prepare for the Phase 2 of Vaccination for over 60’s, elderly and other essential services as from 17 May 2021.
The vaccination sites and dates for all Health Care Workers are as follows:
- Universitas Hospital, Pelonomi Hospital on Tuesday, 11 May 2021 until Friday, 14 May 2021 from 07:30am to 16:00;
- Albert Nzula Hospital in Trompsburg will be vaccinating on Wednesday, 12 May 2021 starting at 07:30am to 16:00; and
- Bongani Hospital will be vaccinating on Thursday, 13 May 2021 and Friday, 14 May 2021 starting at 07:30am to 16:00.
- People can register for vaccination on EVDS system on a computer, laptop or smartphone by logging in to: https://vaccine.enroll.health.gov.za/
- The department of Health also give an option to use a zero rated and no cost USSD by SMS system when dialing *134*832# or by free WhatsApp at 0600123456 and type Register.
- People are also requested to help and encourage as many over 60 year olds as possible to register on EVDS by SMS, WhatsApp or by internet.