Do not respond back with more anger and/or revenge.
Have you ever had a situation where someone say or do something that angers you? Your heart beat goes up and you want to burst out with all sorts of unimaginable words, thoughts or expressions.
Do you answer in anger and revenge or you just remain calm, cool and collected? I normally choose the latter.
The story below has given me a newer perspective of dealing with responding in anger and believe you me, we get tested almost daily with nasty comments, criticisms and/remarks.
The important part is how we react. Remember the 90/10 principle? It says 10% of life is made up of what happens to you, and 90% of life is decided by how you react.
The story goes like this: Story of Carpenter and Cobra Snake.
As the carpenter went home after shutting down his workshop, a black poisonous cobra entered his workshop.
The cobra was hungry and hoped to find its supper lurking somewhere within. It slithered from one end to another & finally bumped into an axe and got very slightly injured.
In anger and revenge, the snake bit the axe with full force. What could a bite do to a metallic axe? Instead the cobra ‘s mouth started bleeding. Out of fury and arrogance, the cobra tried it’s best to strangle & kill the object that was causing it pain by wrapping itself around the axe.
The next day when the carpenter opened the workshop, he found a dead cobra wrapped around the axe blades. The cobra didn’t die because of someone else’s fault but faced these consequences merely because of it’s own anger and wrath.
Moral of the story:
– Sometimes in trying to hurt others, we only hurt ourselves.
– Sometimes when angry, we try to cause harm to others but as the time passes by, we realise that we have caused more harm to ourselves.
– For a happy life, it is best we should ignore and overlook things, people, incidents, affairs & matters.
– It is not necessary that we show a reaction to everything. Step back and ask urself if the matter is really worth responding to .
– As any question do not always need an outright answer, comments or marks do not always need responses.
– People that show no inclination to change, are best handled with silence and prayers.
– Some people are “sent” to destablise a good thing, idea or plan. Do not give them the satisfaction and justification by answering or reacting to them the same way and with more anger or revenge.
I choose not to respond to people or situations in anger and/or revenge. It saves me a lot of unnecessary headeches, stress and regrets. I encourage you to do the same.
Remember, Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about problems.
Send us your comments on our website; http://fsnewsonline.co.za/ or official Facebook Page; FS News Online.
Until next week Tuesday, bye-bye for now.
Tshepo Ishmael Phetoane
Editor: FS News Online