Wednesday, 24 October 2018
Bloemfontein: The Go Digital colloquium entered its second day today; 24 October 2018, at PACOFS; Bloemfontein.
Four commissions were set up to unpack the objectives and answer questions of the 3 day event. Vigorous, introspective and robust debates and knowledge sharing, became the order of the day.
Commissions discussions and focus points
1. Consumer awareness, Education and support
- How can the FS assist in communicating the message;
- How can the FS assist in mobilising citizens to migrate; and
- Explore opportunities to do consumer help in the province for digital migration eg. Provincial walk in centres, workshops to repair decoders etc
2. Content provision
- Explore ways to fast track the application for FS community TV to get on the DTT multiplex;
- Explore ways to help with the establishment of a production hub in the province; and
- Content training programme in the Free State.
3. Training: local installation and support
Business opportunities for installers and retailers.
- Training youth to become installers, call centre agents and to do first line support for faulty decoders in the province.
4. Retail Supply Chain Distribution
- How can the province assist in coordinating with manufacturers and retail to accelerate the supply of decoders and IDTVs in stores in the province.
The commissions are expected to report back tomorrow.
Before mid-day, Minister of Communications, Nomvula Mokonyane, is expected to give a keynote address.
The 3 day event will conclude tomorrow.