Sunday, 03 May 2020
Bloemfontein: The latest death in the Free State is of a 51 year old male from Freedom Square; in Bloemfontein. This raises the number of deaths in the Free State to 6.
The latest death of a 51 year old male patient who presented with underlying health conditions that are consistent with other Covid19 deaths around the world.
The patient was treated and stabilized at Pelonomi Netcare Private hospital around 6h00pm on 30 April 2020 but suddenly deteriorated. He was declared dead around 9am and swabbed for COVID. Results were confirmed COVID-19 positive on 01 May 2020.
Free State cases are as follows according to different regions:
- Fezile Dabi – Kroonstad 3 cases;
- Lejweleputswa – Boshoff 2 cases;
- Mangaung Metro – Bloemfontein
108 cases and Botshabelo 1 case;
- Thabo Mofutsanyana – Harrismith 4
and Ladybrand 3 cases;
- Xhariep – Petrusburg has 1 case; and
- Provincial total of Covid-19 cases is 122
- Recoveries are 96
Number of contacts of all people who were tested positive are 2768.
- Contacts successfully tracked = 2742
- Number of People screened in the province = 773 854, this has now surpassed the 600 000 target that was set.
- Number of people that have been tested = 8253.
Screening and Testing is to be intensified in the province to ensure that the Health Department reach out to all the areas. The fact is that Covid19 is not a selective burden of disease, it is likely to be found everywhere.