Friday, 01 June 2018
Bloemfontein: Free State Cricket Union held their Annual Awards Function on Thursday night, 31 May 2018, at Pepermossie- Bloemfontein. It was a night of glamour as everyone dressed to impress in celebration of our cricket stars.
Saint Andrews School’s hard work and dedication became clear last night as they collected more awards than everyone else.
Among others, St. Andrews Schools was named Best performing Team of the year and they also walked with the President’s award after their successful National Coca-Cola Schools T20 campaign this year. St. Andrews’ Calvin Flanegan walked with the U/17 player of the year while St. Andrews’ captain, Garnett Tarr, walked with U/19 Player of the year.
For representing South Africa U/19 at the ICC U/19 World Cup which took place early this, Gerald Coetzee, also a Saint Andrews boy, received special recognition. St. Andrews spin bowler, Pheko Moletsane was also in the midst as he received special recognition for making the SA Schools Colts Team. While coach of the year was awarded to Gregg Hobson, St. Andrews’ head coach.
Patrick Botha, Sean Whitehead and Michelle Botha walked away with big awards of the night. Patrick Botha was awarded Senior Provincial Team Player of the year while Sean Whitehead was awarded Academy Player of the year. Michelle Botha was named Women’s Player of the year.
It was a night of celebrations and Saint Andrews Music Academy kept everyone entertained with their live band performance.
See winners of the night below:
- Mini Cricket Administrator of the Year: Tlhome Malebo
- Under 13 Player of the Year: Sello Sesing
- Under 15 Player of the year: Juan-Dee Olivier
- Under 17 Player of the year: Calvin Flanegan
- Under 17 Rural Player of the year: Leonard Jacobs
- Under 19 Player of the year: Garnett Tarr
- Under 19 Girls Player of the year: Rene Nel
- LSEN Player of the year: Adrian Cilliers
- RPC Player of the year: Sello Sesing
- Best Performing Team of the year: St. Andrews
- Differently Abled Cricketer of the year: Mzwandile Qaba
- Rural Cricketer of the year: Lucas Boucher
- Scorer of the year: Kenny Saunders
- Umpire Newcomer of the year: Bahlakoana Mohapi
- Umpire of the year: Michael Combrink
- Free State Cricket Club champs representative: Bobbies
- Academy Player of the year: Sean Whitehead
- Women’s rookie of the year: Envrick Cornellisen
- Women’s Player’s player of the year: Yolandi Potgieter
- Women’s player of the year: Michelle Botha
- Senior Provincial rookie of the year: Beyers Swanepoel
- Senior provincial most improved player: Nealan van Heerden
- Senior Provincial Player of the year: Patrick Botha
- Presidential Award: Saint Andrews School