Tuesday, 09 November 2021
Bloemfontein: The Free State MEC for Health; Montseng Tsiu, will be one of the first Health Care Workers in the Free State to take the J&J Booster Shots.
The MEC will take her Booster Shot at Universitas Academic Hospital in Bloemfontein at on Wednesday; 10 November 2021.
“I remain focused on leading this team of dedicated health care workers through all the different stages of the war against Covid19” said Tsiu.
“I tested positive for Covid19 and I was treated back to health in a public health facility. Through all that time, I experienced the full cycle of health care provision and saw how dedicated our health care workers were in the face of adversity and uncertainty,” recounted Tsiu.
“I was one of the first to take the Covid19 vaccine when it became available. I am here again to take the Booster Shot. I’m doing all these to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that we are not giving people what we are not taking ourselves. I can testify without any fear of contradictions that these vaccines and boosters are life saving and I encourage health care workers to take them to save their lives.” said Tsiu, ahead of the Booster Vaccination.
The more than 24 353 Health Care Workers are invited to take the J&J Booster Shots in a facility nearest to them in all the 5 Districts of the Free State as follows:
- Mangaung Metro District – Pelonomi Tertiary Hospital and Universitas Academic Hospital;
- Fezile Dabi District- Boitumelo Hospital in Kroonstad and Fezi Ngubentombi Hospital in Sasolburg;
- Lejweleputswa District – Bongani Hospital in Welkom and Katleho Hospital in Virginia;
- Thabo Mofutsanyana District – Phekolong Hospital in Bethlehem and Phuthaditjhaba Multipurpose Community Centre in QwaQwa; and
- Xhariep District – Albert Nzula Hospital in Trompsburg and Diamant Hospital in Jagersfontein.
The Free State Department has made a commitment to run this J&J Booster Shots Vaccination Campaign for Health Care Workers over a period of 10 days.
Free State Department of Health encourages all 24 353 health care workers that participated in the J&J Sisonke Vaccination implementation study to constantly check their SMS for access to a consent form and participate in this campaign.