Thursday, 24 June 2021
Bloemfontein: A Multi-disciplinary approach operation conducted throughout the province yielded positive results throughout the Free State province when 310 suspects were arrested.
The ongoing operation in all Districts in the Free State Province namely; Fezile Dabi District, Mangaung District, Lejweleputswa District, Thabo Mofutsanyana District and Xhariep District, kicked off on the 16 to 22 June 2021 and has so far made it possible for police to ensure that Free State continues to be the safest province in the country.
Of the arrested persons;
- 144 were arrested for contact crimes such as murder, attempted murder, GBV, assaults etc.;
- 8 were arrested for robberies;
- 56 for property related crimes;
- 34 for liquor related;
- 68 for drug related crimes. (12g of drugs such as Khat, 7258.386g of Dagga, 29,6g of Mandrax, Nyaope and Christal meth);
- (four) 7 firearms and 296 ammunitions and 5 stolen vehicle were confiscated; and
- 1247 052,5ml of liquor confisticated.
Other arrests include possession of suspected stolen property, possession of dangerous weapons, stock theft, malicious damage to property and burglary.
A total of 1 516 fines were issued for contravention of the national roads traffic act, contravention of the liquor Act.
All 310 suspects will appear in their different magistrate courts on different charges. This will take place in different towns throughout the Free State province.