Friday, 09 April 2021
Bloemfontein: The Dr. KPD Maphalla Family Trust, on behalf of the Maphalla Clan, wishes to inform the general public of the details regarding the Memorial and Funeral Services of the late Sesotho Author, community builder and philanthropist, Dr. Kgotso Pieter David (KPD) Maphalla, who passed away in Bethlehem, aged 66, after prolonged illness on, 05 April 2021.
The details are as follows:
Monday, 12 April 2021
- Activity: Memorial Service
- Time: 12h00 – 14h00
- Venue: Phuthaditjhaba Multipurpose Centre (Hall), Qwaqwa, Free State
Tuesday, 13 April 2021
- Activity: Departure of mortal remains from Qwaqwa to Bethlehem
- Time: 14h15
- Departure point: 359 Makong Village, Qwaqwa, Free State
Wednesday, 14 April 2021
- Activity: Viewing of mortal remains
- Time: 07h00 – 08h00
- Venue: 1254 Ntsoana Street, Bohlokong, Bethlehem (Childhood home of Dr. KPD Maphalla)
Activity: Departure from home to venue where funeral service will be held
- Time: 08h00 – 09h00
Activity: Funeral Service
- Time: 09h00 – 11h00
- Venue: Bohlokong New Hall, Bohlokong, Bethlehem
Activity: Departure to final resting place, at the Morelig Cemetery, Bethlehem
- Time: 11h00
The Dr. KPD Maphalla Family Trust, on behalf of the Maphalla Family Clan, wishes to thank the general public for messages of condolence. The family calls upon all friends, extended family, and general public that will be joining the family during this mourning period, to observe and adhere to all COVID-19 Protocols and National Lockdown Regulations at all aforementioned activities.
- Both the Memorial and Funeral Services will be streamed live on the Free State Online Facebook Channel.
- The Funeral Service will broadcast live on community radio stations across the province.
- Details of a virtual link to access proceedings will be provided.
- Major news broadcasters have expressed interest to cover the funeral proceedings.
- A Condolences Book will be placed at both the Memorial and Funeral Service, for attendees to leave their messages of condolence.