Thursday, 06 May 2021
Bloemfontein: The Free State is experiencing an exponential increase in numbers of new positive COVID-19 cases. As of yesterday, 06 May 2021, 438 new positive COVID-19 cases were recorded and 21 more people lost their lives.
The Free State Department of Health is appealing to communities to take care of themselves and adhere to non-pharmaceutical measures; washing of hands; sanitising; social distancing; wearing and adherence to lockdown regulations.
The latest Free State COVID-19 data is as follows:
There are 438 new cases:
- 167 in Mangaung Metro;
- 55 in Fezile Dabi;
- 122 Thabo Mofutsanyana;
- 83 in Lejweleputswa;
- 11 in Xhariep; and
- 0 Unknown districts.
Provincial cases data
- Total confirmed COVID-19 cases in the province stand at 90 766;
- Recoveries stand at 83 154 (92%);
- The proportion of confirmed cases among people younger than 20 years is 12% (10 755 out of the 90 766);
- The median (IQR) age of cumulative COVID-19 cases is 40 (29-53) years;
- More females are infected (60%; 53 969 out of the 90 386);
- 3911 deaths have been reported in the province to date, with highest case fatality rate reported in Thabo Mofutsanyana and Fezile Dabi Districts;
- The provincial case fatality rate is 4.3%;
- The median (IQR) age of COVID-19 deaths is 64 (54-74) years;
- Majority of the deaths fall within the age group of 45 years and above (3 413 out of the 3 911); and
- 41% of deaths are recorded among males (1 614 out of the 3 911).