Johannesburg: In less than four days, domestic top flight football will return in South Africa.
The Premier Soccer League has been working hard together with various stakeholders to ensure that all protocols are strictly followed and implemented ahead of the kick-off on Saturday afternoon, 08 August 2020.
The first match will be a Nedbank Cup semi-final tie between Bloemfontein Celtic and Baroka FC at Orlando Stadium in Soweto at 14h00.
It will be followed by the second semi-final, Mamelodi Sundowns vs Bidvest Wits at 19h15 at the same venue.
On Sunday, the GladAfrica Championship will kick off with two fixtures: Real Kings against Cape Umoya at Tsakane Stadium and Richards Bay against TS Sporting at TUKS Stadium. Both fixtures will be at 15h30.
PSL Adopts Five Subs at matches:
The League can also confirm that there will be five substitutes allowed in a match for the remainder of the 2019/20 season.
• Nine (9) substitutes can be named (not 7) in the team list.
• Five substitutions are allowed per Club during the game.
• Clubs will get three substitution opportunities during the game (plus half time, which isn’t counted as one of the three)
• If both teams make substitutions at the same time, this counts as a used “opportunity” for both teams
• In a cup game, unused substitutions and opportunities are carried into extra time
• Teams will get an additional substitute and an additional substitution opportunity in extra time, taking the total of subs to 6 and opportunities to 4
• Substitutions made before extra time and during half time of extra time don’t count as a lost opportunity