Thursday, 12 March 2020
Johannesburg: The South Asfrican Student Congress (SASCO), will embark on a march to the Union Building; in Pretoria, to hand over their memorandum to the President’s office.
SASCO released their media statement yesterday, outlining their intentions of the march. The statement said the march is a result of the burden exerted by the yoke of leadership implores upon them, the vanguard of students on campus, to give clarity and guidance where needed.
The march comes as a result of frustrations which are faced by students across the breath and length of this country, SASCO as the only credible student’s voice has taken it upon itself to lead the youth and students of this country to the highest office in the land to express its frustrations.
Amongst issues which are to be tabled to the President are:
- Affordable, Decent & Safe Student Accommodation;
- Infrastructure Development;
- TVETs Must Rise;
- Scrap Students Historical Debt;
- Graduate Unemployment;
- Students Safety & Security;
- NHI for Students;
- Pardon all Free Education Activists charges;
- Relieve All Anti-Transfomers;
- Student Life Cover; and
- Gender Based Violence
All Higher Education Stakeholders and Progressive forces are all welcome to join the call and advance the revolution.
Details of the march are as follows:
- Arrival Time: 10:00
- Starting Point: Burgers Park, Pretoria
- Destination: Union Buildings, Pretoria
- Date: Friday, 27 March 2020