Sunday, 22 August 2021

Qwa-Qwa: On Friday; 20 August 2021, the police in Tseki; Qwaqwa, were contacted by Emergency Medical Service Control Room indicating that EMS personnel were attending to a callout at a house in Bolata Village where three children are alleged to consumed rat poison and died.

On arrival, police members were informed by the mother (39) that she went to the Tuck shop and left the children in the care of the eldest child aged 16.

She further alleged that on her arrival, she found Nolwazi Selepe aged 4 and Tebello Selepe aged 11, already dead and the eldest child Katleho Selepe, was still alive but in pain and passed on when EMS personnel arrived.

The poison was not found in the main room where the deceased were lying, but traces thereof, were found in the outside room occupied by the eldest son.

An Inquest docket has been registered and a post-mortem will be conducted to determine the exact cause of death.

Investigation continues.