Friday, 04 June 2021
Bloemfontein: A Multi-disciplinary approach operation conducted throughout the province, yielded positive results throughout the Free State province when 455 suspects were arrested.
The ongoing operation is in all Districts of the Free State Province namely; Fezile Dabi District, Mangaung District, Lejweleputswa District, Thabo Mofutsanyana District and Xhariep District. It kicked off on the 26 May 2021 and has so far made it possible for police to ensure that Free State continues to be the safest province in the country.
Of the arrested persons;
- 183 were arrested for contact crimes such as murder, attempted murder, GBV, assaults etc;
- 11 were arrested for robberies;
- 81 for property related crimes;
- 59 for liquor related;
- 96 for drug related crimes. Drugs such as Khat, Dagga, Mandrax, Nyaope and Christal meth;
- (four) 4 firearms and 54 ammunitions and one stolen vehicle were confiscated.
- 1 287 liquor outlets were visited for compliance as well as second hand goods shops.
- Other arrests include possession of suspected stolen property, possession of dangerous weapons, stock theft, malicious damage to property and burglary.
- 1109 fines were issued for contravention of the national roads traffic act, contravention of the liquor Act.
All 455 suspects will appear in their different magistrate courts for different charges. This will take place in different towns throughout the Free State Province.